News:

Download the NEW Hotwire Direct Draw software now:
http://www.forum.hotwiredirect.com/index.php?topic=125.0

Main Menu

Recent posts

Show and Tell / 8300 Extreme Tapers Video
Last post by HotwireDirect - February 17, 2011, 08:55:14 AM
Folks,

Here's a rough little video of the 8300 doing a very steep tapered cut in high density (2lb) foam.

www.hotwiredirect.com/files/videos/TaperCutting.wmv

The ability to move each end of the machine is one nice thing about the 8300 because it allows for 16'+ monolithic cuts as well as these tight little tapers that aren't possible on fixed towers.
Show and Tell / Decorative Concrete Columns Mo...
Last post by John - October 05, 2010, 01:17:53 PM
Here's a project I did recently (Summer 2010) for a decorative concrete shop. They needed the molds for a set of 8 concrete columns for the front of a clients house.

The column was a simple straight taper (kind of looked like a craftsman style with such a pronounced taper, but it was 8' tall) and it was a simple multi-axis cut. The foam was then coated with Styropoxy for multiple (4) pours for each mold.

The capital and bases were made as positives on the turntable and will have rubber molds made off of these models. The capital and bases were patched as needed with a lightweight interior-exterior Spackle compound, sanded, and coated with Styropoxy.

I'm waiting to hear back from the concrete shop for photos of the finished work, but I'll try to get some photos to post if I can.

John
Show and Tell / Re: KMG Projects II
Last post by RNW - January 27, 2009, 12:21:13 PM
Nice work!
Show and Tell / KMG Projects II
Last post by kmg - January 21, 2009, 07:37:15 AM
1) Raft used in a photo shoot for a magazine
2) Cross Prop 12 ft. tall 10" Diameter
3) 8 ft. tall bell used in a Christmas Program. Bell was 10 ft. diameter at the base, and was also  2 sided. THe bell was on a turn table so it would rotate during the show to reveal a live manger scene on the other side. The painting, coating, and design was all done at our facility by our company.